Well Person Checks
Specialised medical check-ups, tailored to each patient which will provide you with a snap shot of your general health. It is based on a physical examination as well as blood and other tests.
- Initially each patient attends a 30-minute assessment with a practice nurse. This will involve discussing a questionnaire investigating your past medical history and habits.
- Following this, height, weight, and blood pressure is measured and urine is checked. An ECG and spirometry is also performed. (Note: spirometry is on hold during the Covid pandemic.)
- Blood tests are taken as appropriate for age, sex and medical and family history of the patient and the questionnaire discussed with the nurse. Blood tests can include a full blood count, kidney and liver blood tests, cholesterol, blood sugar, thyroid test, and a prostate blood test for men where appropriate
- The nurse will advise on a healthier lifestyle for you based on your questionnaire.
- Please fast for 12 hours before your nurse’s appointment.
- A follow-up appointment with a doctor will be arranged approximately a week later. At this appointment you will have a physical examination and the doctor will explain to you the results of the tests you had with the nurse earlier.
- You will be provided with a copy of all your results to keep.
There will be a separate charge for these medicals, payable by all patients (view Our Fees).
Please note that as this is a long consultation, you will be asked for your credit/laser card details to hold the appointment; if you do not attend and have not given us at least 12 hours' notice of cancellation, your card will be charged €45.
If you're interested in getting a snap shot of your health please contact reception: (01) 402 2300.