Patients from the EU
- Visitors from EU countries are entitled to emergency care without charge provided they have a European Health Insurance card (EHIC) from their own country, valid at the time of their visit.
- Please present your European Health Card at the practice reception before each consultation. This card may only be used for a maximum of 3 months.
Patients from the UK
- Visitors from EU countries are entitled to emergency care without charge provided they have proof of NHS eligibility.
- Your personal UK national insurance number is considered proof of NHS eligibility. This may only be used for a maximum of 3 months.
Patients from the Rest of the World
- In many situations your health insurance may reimburse some of the costs involved in your visit to Mercer's Medical Centre. A receipt will be provided by our staff at the time of payment, which can then be presented to your insurance company.
If you have difficulties speaking English a translator will be very useful during your consultation with the doctor or nurse. Please arrange to bring a friend who speaks good English with you to the surgery.