If an RCSI student decides to do a clinical elective in another country these are general guidelines:
- It is the student’s responsibility to print off the documents specific to each of the hospitals to which they are applying.
- If required, the student can request copies of their serology/vaccines via e-mail from Reception at email@example.com in advance of their appointment, including their date of birth and student number, and Reception will endeavour to email the records to them within 24-48 hours.
- A Quantiferon (or IGRA) test can take up to 5 working days to process. Students will need to book an appointment before 2pm to this test done.
- Other bloods/vaccines can be done at this Elective appointment with the nurse if required. See costs below; all are payable by the student.
- After the initial appointment, the student needs to come back 10 days later to have the form signed with the nurse. The nurse will not have time to fill every student’s form so the student needs to complete/fill in dates from their own records where possible.
- If a physical examination is required, then an appointment with the Doctor will also be needed.
- A copy of the student’s childhood immunisation records is needed.
- The maximum amount of Elective forms which can be completed at an appointment is 5.
Signing 3 elective forms: €30
Signing 1 elective form: €10
Quantiferon blood test: €20
Drug Screen (urine test): €22
IPV Boostrix (Tetanus/Diptheria/polio/pertussis): €50
Boostrix (Tetanus/Diptheria/pertussis): €30