New process implemented from 26/10/2021.
This is a self-referral process and you do not need to contact Mercer’s…unless you wish to speak to a clinician for medical advice.
If you develop any symptoms that might be due to Covid (fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, etc), then:
- You MUST stay at home and self-isolate (apart from travelling to get your Covid test). Do not come onto Campus or onto a Hospital location.
- A walk-in Covid testing service is now available for RCSI Students at Damer Hall on St. Stephen’s Green. If symptomatic you must attend Damer Hall on the next available day between 10am – 11am (Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays) for a test. You do not need to book an appointment for this.
- If your test is positive, you will be referred to Mercer’s Medical Centre, who will organise a second Covid test via the HSE Healthlink service. It is essential that you have this second test.
- If your test is positive, you must isolate for ten days from the start date of your symptoms, even if you are fully vaccinated.
- If your test is positive and you live with other RCSI students, you must inform them of your positive test immediately, and they should be directed to this information.
- If your test is negative, you must isolate until 48 hours after your symptoms have resolved and you can then resume normal College activities.
- If your test is negative, but your symptoms persist for longer than 48 hours, then you should isolate until you are fever free for 5 days. If your symptoms are persisting for a week, you should contact Mercer’s Medical Centre who can assess and organise re-testing if needed.
- If you are outside Dublin or if for any reason it will be more convenient and quicker (for example, over a weekend), you can self-refer for a Covid test with the HSE via this link. If you have any trouble with this or if you require help with transport to your testing location, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. If you test positive, you must inform Mercer’s and Covid Control in RCSI immediately. Otherwise, the advice is the same as set out above.
- If you are an asymptomatic close contact see this page.
- If you are in any way concerned about your symptoms and overall health, please do not hesitate to contact Mercer’s Medical Centre on 014022300, or the Out of Hours service on 014545607.